Twice, etc.

January 9, 1999

Greetings from NOC--

Where my Wilderness EMT course meets regularly and faithfully from 8 AM to 5
PM, M-F.  There are about 26 of us.  Whenever the weather is "challenging," we
rush outside to do a backcountry disaster scenario.  What fun.

One of my classmates is "Twice," whom some of you may have met on the trail
last summer.  He has 800 more miles to do and will take off on that mission as
soon as our course is complete.  Meanwhile, you can't say that he is "off" the
trail because he sleeps on the trail, and our classroom is within a few feet
of the trail.  He's a neat fellow and, when I told him that I would send this
out, he was agreeable and said "Hi."

I am definitely not as bold as he.  My accommodations are also "on" the trail,
but in Cabin C, which I am sharing with 10 courteous, thoughtful men.  Others
are at Basecamp.

This is a neat course.  It is the first one which I have attended that had
people who were almost all very knowledgeable about emergency medicine,
anatomy and physiology, disease, etc.  It makes it especially enjoyable.  SOLO
does a good job.

My start date is around St. Paddy's Day.  Countdown is beginning soon.

Take care.

Kinnickinic