Re: [at-l] 1/2 oz. FM radio

In the shelter situation, I was not in danger, although I certainly did
not like the dynamic going on between a couple of the hikers. I could
have stayed, but it would have been a long, awkward afternoon and night.
Mt. Momma's was ahead, and I was eager to move on, but I was feeling
cautious because I had had complete raingear failure a few days earlier.
In this case, it seemed reasonable to be cautious, and I wanted
information to back up my gut feeling--or give me good reason to
reconsider.

As for 1996, there was a lot of fear and confusion and misinformation on
the trail. I was more than cautious, but I wanted information to make a
sound decision. BTW, I got off the trail.

Radios--I use mine on rare occasions for supplemental information.
Others use them frequently for music or sports or NPR. Others don't want
them at all.

Give Me Chocolate