Re: [at-l] Store-bought Freeze Dried Chicken

Datto IsIn wrote:
[clip]
> I suppose I could freeze-dry my own chicken but then again, there are
> those insurance claims that seem to accompany my indoor cooking. Makes
> $5.99 a package look might inexpensive now that I think about it!

Don't freeze dry at home, just dehydrate. I used canned cooked chicken and in
about 6 hours I have lightweight, long lasting, quick-rehydrating chicken.

Tuna packed in water dries really well, as does pre-cooked shredded beef and
pork. I just shredded an 8 pound pork roast while watching in the Patriots play.
Great way to kill a couple of hours...

-Paddler (99 days and counting)