Re: [at-l] Need a ride to Knoxville Airport

If you had an extra night, you might want to consider going on to #13, sheeps
pen Gap, then down to cades cove.  #13 is one of the best high altitude tent
sites in the park.  The water is a little hard to find tho, but, it's there.  If
you decide to go here I'll tell you how to find it.

Now a little friendly discussion.  Please don't take this wrong.

Are you in GREAT hiking shape?  If so, great.  Then ignore this.  If not ....
Both of the days you mentioned are hefty hikes.  Newfound gap, up & over
clingmans dome isn't easy.  And, silers bald up & over & down & around thunder
head mnt & rocky top will wear you out!  I ussually limit that hike to between
derrick knob & spence field.   If you want a little less stress, think about
having someone drop u of at clingmans dome parking lot instead.

I still have a few photos, of this same hike, which I  took last jan., on the
web.

Goto :  http://www2.netdoor.com/~tjfort/

t.

--