Re: [at-l] Resting heart rate

> From: TOKTAADN@aol.com
> I'm curious if any thruhikers have monitored their resting heart rate
during
> their hike as a measure of their fitness.  I would expect that near the
end of
> the hike it would be remarkably low to reflect the fitness of someone who
has
> hiked over 2000 miles.  Any facts and figures?  Thanks.

I don't have my notes from my hike nearby, but I do remember checking my
resting pulse several times during my hike, after a section hiking runner
brought up the subject.  I do remember that, when almost asleep, it was
somewhere in the 40s.  However I have a fairly slow heartbeat anyway.  I
just checked and am about at 62 right now.

Rob Brown
...Strider...
GA-ME '94 and '0?