Re: [at-l] Gaiter Wearers

> From: kahley7 <kahley7@ptd.net>
> Can you guys share what brands of gaiters yall wear?

I never wore them.  There is a time and a place for them, but I never saw
them as a good trade off for the expense and weight.  I didn't have much
problem with twigs and dirt getting in my boots.  I don't think that they
would have made a significant difference in heavy rains, (although I admit
that they would be a good thing in light to moderate rain.)  And, although
I did see some snow on my hike, it was never deep enough that gaiters would
have mattered.  On the other hand, If I were to do more bushwhacking, or
lots of winter hiking, I would give them serious consideration...

Rob Brown
...Strider...
GA-ME '94 and '0?