Re: [at-l] C & O canal towpath

Mail2beau@aol.com wrote:

> Next week I'm going to be near the C & O canal in Maryland.  I've be told you
> can hike the entire length, 184 miles, and camp along the way. This looks like
> a fun trail to have a laid back hike.  Has anyone done distance hiking on the
> C & O?  I will have about 4 days free to hike.  Any suggestions on a section
> to hike.  A problem I have is my car. Leaving it and getting back to it.  Any
> ideas?  Thanks for you help.
> Take care..........

Beau -
The trail Ginny was talking about is the Green Ridge Trail. It's about
42 miles, including 18 miles on the Canal.  The other 24 miles are a
loop that goes north almost to the PA border and then back to the Canal.
We have some info if you're interested.  When are you gonna be here?

Walk softly,
Jim