[at-l] boots - day hiking

hello fellow section hikers,

Earlier in the year, I purchased some boots from Sierra Trading.  I bought
them for camping really.  They were really lightweight and I couldn't imagine
hiking with them...especially when I was used to Asolo 535's.

The last 2 weekends I hiked with them.  After thinking about it, it really
didn't make much sense not to use them for hiking when I was carrying a
lighter pack.  It has made such a difference not having all that weight on my
feet.

My point is, perhaps lightweight boots are better for lightweight
hiking.....leave those heavy ones at home for the next trip when you are
carrying the heavy pack.

           choovers