[at-l] PA

Hello,

Got back last night from a wonderful night and day in PA.  Spent the night at
the 501 shelter enjoying the company of Sandy Downs, Kahley, Slyman, and
numerous southbounders who really enjoyed the trail magic.  Kahley's homemade
soup was fantastic.

Who walks in in the am? Pittsburgh on his Felix hunt.  But where was Felix?

Sandy and I set out Saturday morning to hike a nice 9 miler towards Port
Clinton.  I confirmed my opinion that PA is better hiking when the leaves are
off the trees and you have views.  The tops of the trees still had color and
with the beautiful blue sky it was difficult walking over the rocks with your
head tilted up towards all the color. We saw some deer, and I really enjoyed
the beauty of the woods there. After about an hour on the trail, I heard
"choovers!" in that infamous Felix voice. Yes, folks I ran into Felix on the
trail again!  Great to see him and Pocahantas and the rest of the entourage
doing so well.

A little further up the trail, I ran into some southbounders I had spent the
night with at a shelter in Vermont.  It was wonderful to see them still on the
trail!   Earlier in their hike, she had to get off the trail due to a foot
injury and was just getting back on when I met them in Vermont.

Saturday evening, after dropping Sandy off at her car near Swatara Gap, we
stopped off at the Bleu Blaze hostel and left some goodies.  They are still
open and receiving guests.  We then ventured towards Duncannion to the Doyle.
Guess what....the patrons that were there when I stayed in September were all
still sitting at the bar!  I wonder if they have homes.

Anyhow, another great weekend on the AT!  Life is good.

        choovers