[at-l] felix encounter

felix, pokey and stoat tried to trick us up, but since purists won't take
even one sidestep from the trail, they were soooo easy to find.  we
completely ruined their hike by forcing them off of the trail and making
them eat an AYCE lunch.  and to top it off, we were evil enough to offer
them food and drink afterwards for supper...

actually, we all had a tremendous time yesterday.  our contingent
included myself, kahley, choovers, slyman, and sandy downs.  we all
arrived at various times on friday night/saturday morning at the 501
shelter.  felix, pokey and stoat were not there.  other hikers in
residence indicated that they were a day behind.  the southbounders that
were there enjoyed the company and a ride into town...

saturday, felix and company made it to the 501 shelter, and we had a
glorious day.  with a couple of hikers from quebec in tow, we went to
town for an AYCE lunch, and a trip to the grocery store.  of course, the
buying spree at the grocery store was a sight to see.  fortunately, the
police hadn't arrived by the time we left.  the rest of the day was spent
at the shelter eating and yakking...

felix, pokey and stoat are having the time of their lives.  pokey
especially is in seventh heaven.  she indicated that she wishes the hike
never to end, and may just turn around at springer and head back north.
by the way, she may be a bit slender, but it has nothing to do with her
appetite.  no morsel of food is safe in her presence...

felix says hello to everyone, and would like to warn everyone about the
explosion of posts that will follow his hike.  he is mentally archiving
every emotion, injury, moose sighting, strange encounter, etc, and will
not be hesitant to include us in his post hike recovery.  in fact, the
list will be central to this recovery...

if you have a message for the felix crew, please send it to me ASAP.
i'll be seeing them all again on monday night.  we are getting together
for the steeler/chiefs nfl game monday night.  yes sports fan, felix is a
steeler fan.  that's one reason that i like him so.  that, and the fact
that he hangs around pokey...

pittsburgh