Re: [at-l] to whom it may concern

william smith wrote:

> To whomever asked me to stop posting threads back and forth from AT-L to
> ATML and back, im sorry i snapped at you. just in a bad mood and kinda
> depressed. oh well, sorry.

>                                Shauncey

Shauncey -
Cross-posting isn't a real problem for most of us.  It creates some
extra mail for those who are on multiple lists and it sometimes gets
confusing when some of us only get part of the "conversation" (not all
of us are on both lists). But generally very few people complain about
it.

However - Wingfoot doesn't like it.  It really does create extra work
for him, but that's because he maintains multiple accounts on ALL the
lists. He makes the extra work for himself, but since ATML is his list -
and his rule is "Thou shalt not cross-post", it's just common courtesy
to abide by his rules as long as you're on ATML (or his other lists).
If you have something you want to discuss on at-l, we'll be happy to
discuss it.  If you'd rather discuss it on ATML, I'm sure they'd be
happy to discuss it there.  If you want to discuss it on both lists,
then you just need to run two separate "conversations" and keep track of
which list you're talking on at any given time.

Don't get all worked up about this - it's just one of the quirks of the
email lists as they presently exist and a lot of people don't know about
it when they first get on multiple lists.

Hang in there - we're happy to have you join us.  Welcome to the zoo.

Walk softly,
Jim