[at-l] Heading out to the AT

Well, It's finally time to hit the trail!  Myself and a small group of FTA (Florida Trail Association) members are going to be on the AT next week.  We leave tomorrow and should be on the trail from Tues. Oct. 12 to Thurs. Oct. 15.  Our start is at the Standing Indian Campground and we'll be heading up the Long Branch Trail to the AT (North to South) and then back on the Kimsey Creek Trail.

Tues.   Big Spring Shelter
Wed.   Carter Gap Shelter
Thurs.  Standing Indian Shelter

If you happen to see some people that just don't look like they belong on the AT, it's probably us! <grin> I'll be wearing a white cap with "Florida" written on it (the complete tourist look).  Finally, I get to act like a tourist (revenge is sweat --- I live in Orlando)! <grin>  Say hi if you happen to be in the area!

Happy Trails,
Jeff Walters
Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time.
(Steven Wright)
Florida Backpacker's Trailplace
http://www.iag.net/~fbt/