Re: [at-l] Stoves & Cookpots

I'm sure the asbestos plate would work fine.  My only concern would be
asbestos fragments from handling and packing, aside from the possible extra
weight.

Asbestos plates are normally compressed particles on a coarse steel screen.
 Aluminum does offer superior heat conductivity and lends itself to being a
lightweight asset.

Highlander should be commended for her creativity of reusing pie plates.
Although the aluminum in these plates is thin, putting three or four
together would form a decent "AirBake" sheet/disk.  If part of it burns
away, just replace with another piece.  It's a great way to recycle.

Poor Writer a.k.a. Ern Grover
http://www.tick-tock.com/morgan.html

"Failure isn't falling down, it's staying down."