Re: [at-l] Stoves & Cookpots

Aw, gee, Amy, I'd never do anything so cruel as to cut apart one of her
AirBake cookie sheets.  "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth
speaks" would be your next reply, yep.

Well, I still have my disk, it works well, at least when I remember to put
it in my pack.  That's the trouble with this sport, too many neat things to
remember to take.  Know what I mean?  They all add up to extra weight.  One
of these days I'll make up a firm packing list and stick to it.

When I lose my disk, I'll likely try out the pie plates as was suggested by
Highlander (Alice).  I utilize multi-layer foil now when I make up pouch
meals for day hikes.  It uses lots of aluminum foil, and the principle of
layering with air spaces does help to prevent the food from burning.  (Yes,
I pack it out).  There's probably not much sport in pre-cooking a complete
meal, then wrapping it in three or four layers of aluminum foil, but it
seems to be a very convenient way of making an appetizing meal on a day
hike.  No need to drag along my pots and pans.  I've even wrapped up
biscuits in foil and cooked them in that manner.

Besides, if someone happens to stray by, sees the results, they'd say "Wow,
how'd you do that?"  It's almost as convincing as hiking north to south in
Georgia in April, greeting everyone hiking northerly saying "Whew, almost
finished, almost finished.  Just a few more steps, and this thru hike from
Maine will be finished."

The only bummer is opening the pouch on the wrong seam, but then, that's
why I have my dog along.

Poor Writer a.k.a. Ern Grover
http://www.tick-tock.com/morgan.html

I thought about making a movie for folks my age and call it "Pumping Rust"