Re: [at-l] Stoves & Cookpots

>Aw, gee, Amy, I'd never do anything so cruel as to cut apart one of her
>AirBake cookie sheets.  "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth
>speaks" would be your next reply, yep.

*laugh*  You'd never get more cookies, anyway!

>Well, I still have my disk, it works well, at least when I remember to
put
>it in my pack.  That's the trouble with this sport, too many neat
things to
>remember to take.

The way I remember what to take is I keep it all packed in the backpack.
That way, all I need to do is put in the sleeping bag, some clothes and
food.  When I get home and put the stuff away I refill the fuel bottle
if neccessary, check that my bottle of bug stuff has a decent supply in
it, check that my tiny journal and pencil is there, my extra
bandannas...  I check the batteries in the headlamp before I leave
though.

>Know what I mean?  They all add up to extra weight.  One
>of these days I'll make up a firm packing list and stick to it.

I oughtta do that one of these days too.

>When I lose my disk, I'll likely try out the pie plates as was
suggested by
>Highlander (Alice).

Yeah, I might try that too, now since I haven't got any diffuser at all,
but I might also try Will's Bakepacker...

>I utilize multi-layer foil now when I make up pouch
>meals for day hikes.  It uses lots of aluminum foil, and the >principle
of layering with air spaces does help to prevent the food >from burning.

Hmmm... might be something to try once in a while.

>Besides, if someone happens to stray by, sees the results, they'd say
"Wow,
>how'd you do that?"  It's almost as convincing as hiking north to south
in
>Georgia in April, greeting everyone hiking northerly saying "Whew,
almost
>finished, almost finished.  Just a few more steps, and this thru hike
from
>Maine will be finished."

*chuckle*

--