Re: [at-l] Glucosamine sulfate, what is this?

In a message dated 98-06-17 10:42:58 EDT, Catherine writes:

> What is this glucosamin (sp?) stuff some of you guys are talking about?

>  Lew and Catherine Middaugh
>  middaugh@best.com

I wanted to know that also. I seached in the internet. Below is what one of
the MAKER'S of Glucosamene Sulfate has to say:

Wildbill

"A nutrient for connective tissue and joint integrity. Glucosamine is a
building block for the connectibe tissues and other cementing materials
(mucopolysaccharides, "glycosaminoglycans" and "proteoglycans") that
pack the cells together.
Glucosamine Sulfate nutritionally supports healthy joints and the body's
ability to generate and regenerate connective tissue. Glucosamine is a
naturally occuring compound present in joint cartilage that is necessary
for the synthesis of proteoglycans, the protein molecules responsible
for giving cartilage its strength and resilience. Sufate, another
component of proteoglycans, works synergistically with glucosamine in
cartilage metabolism. Glucosamine Sulfate enhances and utilizes the
intrinsic compounds in cartilage in order to nutritionally provide for
healthy cartilage and proper joint functioning."

I use AOL netfind, and got over 900 hits. Here is a link to the results of the
search

<A HREF="http://netfind.aol.com/search.gw?search=%22Glucosamine+sulfate%22&lk=
excite_netfind_us&nrm=n&pri=on&xls=b">AOL NetFind Results--Glucosamine sulfate
</A>