Re: [at-l] Trip report/seen the "light"

Like one of those
> cool titanium pots he had - less than half the weight of mine.  (my cook
set
> is also old, and also heavy LOL)  I figure with a new bag and a new tent,
> can drop at least 5 pounds right there.  A lightweight cookset . . .  I
see
> all sorts of 'lighter" possibilities.

Another source of light cookset is to go to Walmart, Kmart,
Shopko...somewhere like that and buy the lightweight pots with nonstick
coating. Take the handles off and use the handle that comes with the other
heavy cook set! You can get different sizes and they work great. Instead of
a tent...use a tarp...instead of a thermarest use a hammock. I use a bug
net to keep the bugs off. KC

> (by the way, she didn't really toss her thermarest <g>)  So Sunday, we
ran
> into a few of the crew <g>, imagine our surprise at seeing Chase at the
top of
> the trail.  The rest of them (WoodElf, Ratboy, Outta Chocolate and Mt
Roamer)
> weren't too far behind.  So we had a pleasant visit, and gave Outta
Chocolate

http://www.hack.net/lists *