[at-l] Re: Forum threads :-)

Forum Threads
~>Coool!!! We're gonna talk about what we wear while on the AT-L!...<g>

>OK, I admit I am a heretic on this one.
~>Yuck :-( Hairy ticks?! Whats this got to do with my shorts and t-shirt?

>On at-L as on the trail, I am always for freedom of expression.
~>Uh Oh, Tom's nude<g>... June 21 is Nude Lister day, I hear... ;-)

>(Since at-L has a wide listing of individuals, including children, I have
never
>used vulgarity on the forum.. I am not a saint by a long shot. )
~>Wonder how he got to be a Saint the short way? Hmmm, a Blue Blazed
Saint... Catholicism sure is changing of late...

>But, I suggest another at-L forum general rule.  OK, shoot me :(
~> And he wants to be a martyr too? Whatta guy! Talk about conviction...

>I only do this because of recent discussion issues that came about
recently.
~>Instead of those old recent discussions, or those not recent old
discussion issues, or old discussions that were recent, recently, instead of
the old old discussions?

>The rules:
>1.  Please do not change the tread subject if the tread is really
>the same.  I realise that is in the eyes of the beholder.
~>Awright - Tread subjects! Gear! Boots! And sunglasses discussion, too!
Hey, waita minute - Wasn't that a recent discussion recently? Almost got me,
Tom :-0 Hey, how 'bout those Pacers?<g>

>The reason I ask that is continuity and context. There is a trade-off
>between extraction and continuing the thread. If one extracts words and
>continues the "thread" but changes the subject it may be difficult to
>figure out what was said!  This is the exact opposite of introducing a new
>topic under the
>prior thread but that was done in error and is already resolved.
~>Whoa, whoa... Is Tom a lawyer, or a chemist? Both?

>Also recently, I think we  should be careful how much cutting >of context.
That a difficult Sometimes I get lost in those out we do those Belvedere,
come here, boy.

>2. That's it.  I try to keep rules to a minimum.  Let me double speak here,
>Consider it a suggestion - No rule.  I can't make rules anyway. I'm not
>a mountie. No horses on the AT !! at least in most places :)
~> Got it! He's a minimalist ventriloquist who's indecisive, except for the
fact that he knows that he doesn't like horses... :-)

Sorry, Tom... Waiting for my coffee to kick in, couldn't resist<vbg>...

Happy National Trail Day everyone!

Kurt