[at-l] Forum threads

OK, I admit I am a heretic on this one.

On at-L as on the trail, I am always for freedom of expression.

(Since at-L has a wide listing of individuals, including children, I have never
used vulgarity on the forum.. I am not a saint by a long shot. )

But, I suggest another at-L forum general rule.  OK, shoot me :(

I only do this because of recent discussion issues that came about recently.

The rules:

1.  Please do not change the tread subject if the tread is really
the same.  I realise that is in the eyes of the beholder.

The reason I ask that is continuity and context. There is a trade-off
between extraction and continuing the thread. If one extracts words and
continues the "thread" but changes the subject it may be difficult to
figure out what was said!  This is the exact opposite of introducing a new
topic under the
prior thread but that was done in error and is already resolved.

Also recently, I think we  should be careful how much cutting we do out
of context. That a difficult one. Sometimes I get lost in those

and >

and >>>  Too bad we can't color them white, blue, red, etc :( At least not
with my e-mail :0

2. That's it.  I try to keep rules to a minimum.  Let me double speak here,
Consider it a suggestion - No rule.  I can't make rules anyway. I'm not
a mountie. No horses on the AT !! at least in most places :)

 Thanks, Tom 'hikenet' Caggiano