[at-l] Re: long answer to long question

Yea, Kahley, it's a touch job, but somebodys got to do it :)  Of course, I
already have all my gear - but some has seen too much use, such as my tent,
and my boots :(.  I am not much help to mom with her choices - I love what
works for me, but don't have a clue what will work for her.  So we are already
haunting the local outfitters <g> as well as surfing.  Our next step is a
weekend trip, in two weeks.  Life is good :)

The Redhead
Ga - Me  00

kahley7@ptd.net writes:

<< Redhead and Patty are hereby directed to rent gear and hike!!!!
 Start with an overniter, then a looong weekend or three.  By then
 you will have a good idea of what gear will work for you. You then
 are sentenced to shop!  Cruise Sierra Trading Post cat.  Memorize
 Campmor.  Frequent the local outfitters until they know your faces.
 "Hey...aren't you the Mother-Daughter team that's planning a Thru?"
 Then take your new gear and do a week section.  Pick a cold,
 rainy week like in November.  That way you'll know if you goofed
 on any of your gear.
 <<<VVVBG>>>.   Sounds wonderful to me......Kahley >>