[at-l] Fwd: "Thruhiking Papers" and Trail Daze

-- BEGIN included message

I am having mom forward this as I can't post from this address - but I
had to say "Wow."  Jim Owens' Thruhiking Papers were great.  Aside
from the fact that his definition of "hike your own hike" is the best
I've heard, I found his insights and observations very informative -
and it gave me some other things to think about, things that hadn't
occurred to me, concerning my own "way in the future, 2003" thru hike.
So I just couldn't wait to get home to say that.  Thank you, Jim, for
sharing that, and for being so dedicated to helping ALL thruhikers,
not just people thruhiking the "right" way.

and on a smaller note - Is there a particular time and place us
listers are meeting at Trail Daze?  (Anyone getting there tomorrow
night will find either mom or I (or both of us <g>) waiting at
Quinceys - she's coming from Va Beach, I'm coming from
Erwin/Jonesborough - so one of us may be there awhile waiting for the
other <g>) Please stop by and say hi - especially if you have any
helpful hints about where to camp, exactly <vbg>

The Redhead