Re: [at-l] Question #1 - Spirulina

Mike,
I believe spirulina comes from algae.
You can get it in tablet or capsule form (often in combination with other
herbal extracts) at most health food stores.
It is normally used as a meal supplement (one or two tablets per meal),
which might be a great use on the trail to help balance your diet.
The cost is probably a bit more than multi-vitamin tablets of a similar
weight.

I plan to take some Spirulina Herbal Diet tablets (which also contain bee
pollen, wheat grass, garley grass, kelp, and extracts from various herbs
(burdock root, rhubarb root, parsley root, angelica root, sarsaparilia
root, licorice root, dandelion root, and cascara sagrada bark) with me
when I thru-hike Vermont's Long Trail this summer.  I think 240 tablets
cost about $35 at a local health food store.
---terry---