Re: [at-l] "Light" food

<snip>
>The goal in backpacking is to get adequate vitamins, minerals, etc. and
>LOTS OF CALORIES.

not to put you on the spot, I understand answers in this kind of forum are
difficult,
I have a calorie question related to the recent power bar-cliff bar
thread...
my question is based on a chart I ripped out of an outside magazine within
the past 2 years, it had a comparison of the different energy bars & some
more common food items...
(numbers denote calories)
btu stoker 252
cliff bar 250
edgebar 234
energize 144
forza 230-233
powerbar 225
tiger sport 230
banana 92
2 fig newtons 100
pop tart 190-200
3.5 oz. raisins 300

not to slam energy bars but with an emphasis on calories, wouldn't we be as
well
off to just eat 3.5 oz of raisins?  or some fig newtons?  could I think of
the result as pretty much the same with raisins-fig newtons compared to
energy bars & save some money?  or is this an unfair comparison?  thanks...
safe travel / will / the green ghost.