Re: [at-l] netiquette on at-L

Public discussions should be carried on publically without unsolicited
little snid bit remarks sent privately. Speaking of etiguette  and getting
back to the original discussion , What kind of etiquette is personal
attacks and use of profanity in trail registers ?

At 07:34 AM 5/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I would post this msg normally to the individual not the at-L. However,
>the  netiquette I think needs some improving so I will just
>send out my 5 cents. If am breaking the rules. I plead guilty in advance.
>
>If the person wants to send me a flame. sent it to atbeans@hotmail.com. I
won't
>respond to anything in atbeans@hotmail.com.  I only look there a month later
>so I can get some good laughs.
>
>I send all gas discharges there and you can too. I know I am breaking
>the atbeans rule. I guess I had just one to many chili peppers.
pw=atlbeans

>and I do apologize to those that consider this petty.
>
>But one must have some ground rules of conduct on a forum. I think.
>
>First I think the at-L will will rapidly finish this round off. I hope it
does.

>Certain individuals have elected to takeprivate e-mail sent
>to them and post it on the list.  That's OK for I am sure if the
>party that sent the e-mail would consider that in subsequent
>e-mail transmission. Chances are there would be  NONE.
>
>What I don't like as a at-L forum user is a person not first informing the
>list that
>the msg was originally sent to them privately.  Bad form if not.
>
>What I object to even more is a person not saying the msg was sent
>privately and only sending abstracts out of the private message. Really
stinko.

>Needless to say that person shall receive NO MORE private mail
>from me.
>
>OK, gas discharge over. Now back to more fun issues.
>
>hike on...  :) Tom 'hikenet' Caggiano
>

>* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists *

                           Daryl Cline WB4YEX
                            Harrisonburg, Va.
                  Web page: <http://www.cfw.com/~clines>