Re: [at-l] Attn: veggie thru-hikers

>>You're gonna have to eat pasta.
>Oh, I'm so disappointed.  ;)

:)  We knew you would be!

>>  And I'd think you'll probably eat better
>>if you do some dehydrating too.
>I'm buying a dehydrator when I get paid again.

$30 for a good one at Wal-mart.  Il ike the American Harvester... if you
can, get the one with the temperature control.  It really helps,
especially if you intend to also dry spices and herbs.

>>Add pecans and drizzle with walnut oil.  Gawd I loooove this meal.
>Damn it, I'm late for lunch and you're making me hungry!

I was just thinking I wouldn't have thought to put pecans in... I'll
have to try it!

>Another...rice and white beans with lemon juice,  course pepper ,and
>>parsley drizzled with squeeze marg (do you eat squeeze marg?).
>Don't know what's in it.  I use a dairy free margarine that I can put
in a
>tube.

Kahley, have you tried adding a little rosemary and sundried/dried
tomato to that? Mmmm... :)

Nicole, do you use Spectrum Spread?  Just curious to see if you (or
anyone out there) might know anything about the "backpack life" out of
the fridge... cause I don't!

>>If you dehyd the beans and put them in your maildrops along with
>I could really use some hints on dehydrating, since I'm brand new to
it.
>Any ideas where to look on the web?

Several books listed in Trailplace, also WHERE'S WILDBILL when ya need
him??  ;)

Coelura

--
Where you've been is good and gone