Re: [at-l] Attn: veggie thru-hikers

Here are the addresses for a couple of good sites on dehydrating.
Mary Bell's Dehydrating Links
http://www.drystore.com/Links/Links_NF.html

Backcountry Recipe Book, Version 3.1
http://www.tc.cornell.edu/~rosen/recipebook/recipe.html

The very best site I have found for this is from the Cooperative Extension
Service, University of Georgia.  It includes directions and charts for prep
and dehydrating of hundreds of foods.  I printed this site out and keep it in
book form (it was around 40 or so printed pages).  Unfortunately, I lost the
URL for the site.  But it shouldn't be too hard to find with a search.  How
about it, Wildbill? ;)

Good Luck and Good Hiking,
Jim
"Earth give life and seeks the man who walks gently upon it."