[at-l] [Fwd: Another ATML?]

I'm crossposting this since it does have a potential impact on the AT-L
.

-- BEGIN included message

ATML--A place to discuss AT issues with friends in friendship!

> WF adds: This is actually something that I am considering. I
> have noticed that there are two types of people on these AT
> lists, those who want to have only pleasant chit chat and the
> typical gear discussions on one hand, and those who enjoy
> hashing out more substantive issues usually dealing with use
> and management of the AT. It seems that the two can't mix for
> long without people from one or the other getting bent out of
> shape. I know that I personally get tired of nothing but the
> casual banter that many come to these lists for. Every day I
> get hundreds of inquiries, suggestions, and complaints about
> Trail use, so naturally I am more interested in the subjects
> that tackle solving use/user problems. However, many folks on
> these lists just aren't interested in these technicalities,
> I realize. Perhaps there is a need for a "serious stuff" list
> for the folks who want to discuss the broader issues of AT use,
> understand the techniques of debate, and who want to engage in
> lively discussion to perhaps try to solve some of the challenges
> facing the Trail and its users.--WF

Since this is the type of list that you want, and do an excellent job running,
why not modify the charter of the ATML to be this list instead of creating
another?   Seems like it prevents a further "factionation" of the online AT
community with another list, and clarifies the difference between the AT-L and
ATML.

IMHO ICBW,

Ryan Brooks
ryan@inc.net

Contact ATML list administrator at admin@trailplace.com
To withdraw from list, see http://trailplace.com/lists.htm
To meet some of the other ATML list members, see
http://trailplace.com/cgi-bin/htmlscript?bbs_atml.hts

-- END included message