[at-l] Re: ATML Re: Slackpack Tours (In Support Of

In a message dated 98-05-04 14:38:17 EDT, DaRedhead@aol.com writes:

<< The Hostels, specifically FOR
 hikers, ESPECIALLY thru hikers, do not offer their space or services for
free.
 And if I'm not mistaken, they often leave flyers in near by shelters
 ADVERTISING their location and what they offer.  Do they make money? YES.  >>

Most of the hostels charge anywhere from $1 to $15 dollars per night.  For
fifteen bucks you can get you laundry washed, dryed, folded, a dynamite
breakfast, hot shower and a shuttle to town and back to the trail.  Do they
make money, or more aptly a profit, I think not.

Sly