Re: [at-l] what's a good book for hiking?

If it's the one I have, it's called "Backpacking in the 90's". (Better get it quick,
haha) It was my first backpacking book, and I'm not dead, so I guess it's ok.

I think "The Complete Walker III" by Colin Fletcher is a better read and is fairly
exhaustive. The only drawback is that is was written 15 years ago. (That might not
be sucha a bad thing.) The PCT Hiker's Handbook is excellent for learning to hike w/
less stuff.

tv

--
Tom Van Veen