[at-l] VACATION!!! Hike suggestions TN/NC???

yipee, yahoo, and yehawww!!!

Flights booked, ticket is confirmed!!! Escape from the TOKYO!!! At least for
a few weeks...

My  wife is finally willing to go backpacking with me!!! Hey this will be
the first hike longer than 2 days for my wife.... I've been easing her into
it slowly... Hopefully she'll love it!!!

Anybody want to suggest a good hike with nice scenery, pretty well
maintained, and not a crowd? (okay I am asking for alot, but since I'm way
over here and you're way over there, you're more up to date on this than I
am...) I figured with her it should be leisurely.... (I want her to be
willing to go again :-) We'll be in G-burg for a couple days will probably
drop by trailfest...(rut row...there goes the neighborhood...and get to meet
some of you people face to face.... :))) So I figured TN/NC should be good!
But know the Smokies are overused, The Natahala's are probably not a good
first hike for her (maybe a little too remote and too isolated...) She's
only been one night out without facilities.... (HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!)

Anyone got any suggestions?

Gary
 a.k.a. Slasher