Re: [at-l] REI dividend

Greg Hughes wrote:

I used my Visa Check Card for all my purchases

> during 1997 and when my dividend was mailed to me, they only gave
> me 8.37% back instead of 10.??% if I had written a check instead.
> To me the Visa Check Card and writing a check are the same thing
> (right?).

   Not to REI - they have to pay VISA a fee every time you run a
transaction through them, whether debit card or credit card.  In some
places, you can run your check card through as an ATM transaction, but
in that case your bank will probably charge you a fee.

- Priest