Re: [at-l] What to buy from REI for $100?

Tom Caggiano wrote:

> At 11:16 PM -0500 2/19/98, A. Tontodonato wrote:
> >I have $100 dividend, but don't really need anything. My wife could switch
> >from a Ridgerest to a Zrest. I don't want to buy a GPS (and you don't get
> >an extra 10% off those anyway.)  We have an REI Nightlight tent (not
> >freestanding.)
> >
> >Ideas?

Your not free standing not with standing 8-), i would reccomend socks, you can
always use more socks. Sunglasses that make you look like a jerk are nice and all
but I think that socks are really the way to go.  Socks always get lost in the wash,
and just think the more socks that you have the longer you can go without doing
laundry (at home I mean).  I just bought a lot more socks and underwear and I find
that I can go about three weeks without doing laundry now.  It's really great.  I
also like thise nifty plastic coffee mugs, oh yeah and I saw this really neat
stainless steel hip flask at some outfitter, it was probably an REI.  Or you could
buy titanium cook wear they had it on sale at the REI in Madison, WI.  That would be
cool, it might even be three or four grams lighter than the battered old aluminum
pots that I have been using since I started the boy scouts when I was twelve.  Bye
Bye 8-)

Eric