Re: [at-l] A Little Help, Please

AASarra@aol.com wrote:

> After much research I settled on the Eureka Talon.  It seems to be well
> respected and has what I need.  Unfortunately, they won't sell mail order and
> the three stores identified on Eureka's web site as being available locally
> are no help - one went out of business, the second won't deal in backpacks,
> and the third, Sports Authority, is less than enthusiastic about special
> ordering.

The Talon pack is available on the campmor website:
http://www.campmor.com/packs/eureka.external.packs.html

a similar pack is available on the rei website:
http://www.rei.com/shopping/store3/CAMPING/EXTERNAL_FRAME/EXTERNAL_FRAME/bud/624455.html
- this is the kelty tioga.. it's a bit smaller in capacity, and a little
cheaper.

Both of these websites have on-line ordering, which i have taken full
advantage of on a number of occasions. ;)

Personally tho, i find that internal frame packs have better weight
distribution and are more comfortable on my back, but YMMV.

--
 coming soon: http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~raven