[at-l] Re: ATML I guess it is official

>I received a personalized urinal(?!)
true story... so in 1990, most of the shelters in the smokies were in the
process of being remodeled... the old wire had been taken out or covered up
with plywood to make the shelter sleeping bunks... but some shelters still
had just the wire mesh to sleep on... ice water springs was one such
shelter... you looked down & you could see the skunks below & when you
looked up you could see the sleeping pad of the person above you... well,
sometime in the night something must've caught my attention, I heard some
rustling around up above me, but it didn't sound life threatening, so I
rolled over & went back to sleep... then early in the morning, as I lay
there looking up, my eyes focused on something on something red & plastic...
and then a hand reached & grabbed the red plastic thing & I clearly saw what
it was... it was one of those red portable urinals I'd seen in the campmor
catalog... then the hand appeared again with the red urinal & it was placed
directly above my sleeping bag... "hey, can you put that somewhere else", I
whispered up... "oops, sorry", was softly whispered with a finger to the
lips pleading for my silence... it seems the nice older man had a bit of a
bladder problem, & this was the solution... well, I respected his privacy &
nobody knew about it then, in fact, until now, I guess it's alright to tell
it now... I do believe looking up at that bottle of home brew, wondering if
it was going to pour down on me through the wire bunk, was the most
terrifying moment I had on the trail...
safe travel / will / the green ghost