[at-l] runhorton: Speed Hiking

From: runhorton
To: at-1@saffron.hack.net
Subject: Speed Hiking
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 19:50:28

Adventurers,
  I'm new to the list.  Please don't prejudge me before you get to know
me. I know there are some people who did not approve of the way I
hiked/ran the A.T. in 1991.  I had a great experience on the trail and
have some wonderful memories.  I'm basically an ultrarunner who really
enjoies trail running.  Most of the races that I do are on trails.  I'm a
member of the A.T.C. and the local trail club.  I plan on being at Trails
Days in Damascus in May and The Gathering in Ocotber.  I also help
maintain a side trail on the A.T.
  By the way, I'm planning on doing the Long Trail in the last week in
May or the first week in June.  What is the condition of the trail now?
Do you think it will be cleared by then?  I direct a 50 mile trail race
on the 3rd Saturday in Ocober that is parallel to the A.T. in central VA.
 Check out the website that Gary Trittipoe has set up with information
about that race and other things at    http://davidhorton.simplenet.com
   .   The Runner : David Horton