Re: [at-l] Going for it!

Interesting way to introduce yourself. I wish you luck! I hope you are
studying up on this a great deal before you come down to Georgia. Your
note suggests a reason a simplistic FAQ might be in order.

I suggest a few websites may be of help to you
http://www.mindspring.com/~vhill/
http://trailplace.com/
http://www.fred.net/kathy/at.html
and several others will be good places to start. May 1 has fairly warm
weather, although frost is still possible. The Georgia sections of the
trail are surprisingly challenging, with loose rock and frequent
altitude (ant attitude) changes.

Welcome, from a section and weekend user, with vicarious pleasure in
those who attempt the distance.

Bill Thorneloe
Atlanta, GA