[at-l] re: suggest a trail

Bob,

What about the JMT (John Muir Trail) out west.  Another idea is the tr
ail that was recently mentioned in Backpacker magazine that goes through
Shanwnee National Forest in Illinois.  This looks like a splendid
trailYet another great trail is the Ozark Highlands Trail in Arkansas
(However I'm not sure if it's been completed yet.) I am planning to hike
the Long Trail this summer probably in early June or late July.  I have
been keeping up to date with the problems going on in the Northeast and
was wondering if anybody could help speculate exactly how much of the
problemwill carry over onto the trail for my hike? I chose a later
starting da te partly to avoid some of the bloody flies (literally) and
partly because Green Mountain Club does not recommend hiking on parts of
the long trail during "mud season".