Re: [at-l] Section Hike Suggestions

Marty M. Loring wrote:
> With those thoughts in mind, I'd sure appreciate some expert
> suggestions as to the best place for a section hike.

Atkins, VA to  Damascus. Includes a couple of good climbs, great views,
nice shelters, ponies, Grayson Highlands, Thomas Knob, White Top and
Damascus. Roughly 5 or 6 nights. Can't remember the mileage, but should
be somewhere around 75.

Or... Start at Cloverdale and head south. You won't make Pearisburg, so
you'll have to check one of the many state roads that run through the
valley. (42 in sinking creek area or 635 will work) This will get you
Tinker Cliffs, MacAfee Mecca, Dragon's Tooth and some nice pasture hikes.

Or, if you want to do impressive miles, you could go to the Cumberland
Valley and yo-yo from Boiling Springs to 944 a bunch of times... :-0
--
Felix

Now with FICTION!!! http://members.tripod.com/~Felixhikes/index.html