Re: [at-l] Dehydrating Food

I've got a book called
"Dry it you'll like it" that I though was very good.  Also includes plans
to build your own dehydrator.

Author:  Gen MacManiman
Published by:  MacManiman Inc.
P.O. Box 546
Fall City WA  98024

First printing:  1973
Second Printing:  1974
Most Recemnt:  Jan. 1983

You should be able to write to that address and see about getting the book,
I received it as a gift, but the inside cover says $5.95.  The address
above is also listed in the back of the book as a contact for ordering a
dehydrator (they build them).

Also:

"High Trail Cookery" has recipies where you cook a meal then throw it in
the dehydrator
Author:  Linda Federick Yaffe
Published:  Chicago Review Press
814 North Franklin Street
Chicago, IL  60610
Price, $11.95

"The Hungry Hiker's Book of Good Cooking"  has lots of stuff in it and
includes a section on home drying with some useful charts, etc.