[at-l] Trail mix recipe (parched corn)

I learned about this from a backcountry first aid instructor.  I made some
last night, and it is really good.  Even my kids like it.

You'll need a dehydrator and a heavy bottomed frying pan.

PARCHED CORN

Take a package of frozen corn and dehydrate it over night.

Parch the corn in a heavy bottomed pan (I used a cast iron frying pan) over
medium high heat until it turns brown.  Stir constantly.  This only takes a
few minutes.

Add salt to taste, let it cool a bit, and store in an air tight container.

-- Jim Mayer