Re: [at-l] titanium pots

John H. Ellis wrote:

> Marty Sinclair wrote:
>
> >         Does anyone out there know anything about the prospects of MSR coming out
> > with a titanium pot similar to its stainless steel ones.
>
> Marty,
> I have been waiting for the same thing.  MSR has come out with their Titan cook set
> which is very light and very expensive.  The biggest drawback is that all the pots
> are too small.  If they would only make them in the same shape and size as their
> Alpine set as you said.  I have their titanium spoon with the stove wrench on the
> end.  I like it although you should make sure your stove nut is not on too tight or
> you will ruin the titanium wrench/spoon.  By the way, MSR has a web site so you can
> get a picture and stats on the set.  I believe it is at msr.com.
>
> Good Luck,
> -John

I had the same concern about the titan cookset so I emailed MSR about a
week ago asking for info. on the future plans for the line. I
specifically asked about the size of the cookset being the main reason
why I, and others I know, haven't invested the dough for this
lightweight gem.  They do have a kettle that nests within the cookset
(which I find hard to believe).  Anyway, I'll let you know if I get a
response.

	MountCharlie

P.S. the site is www.msrcorp.com/msr/titanium.html