Re: [at-l] New hiker services for '98 season

At 09:22 AM 12/7/97 EST, MManzano wrote:

>I feel very frustrated that I can't say what I want to say in as articulate a
>manner as I'd like.

Halleluia Sistah!  You did say it:

>I think one of the attractions of hiking the AT is to leave behind the
>trappings of modern life at its fast-paced, consumer driven worst

Although I haven't had the fortune of being in a place in my life where I
can thru-hike yet, this is exactly what I appreciate the most about my
little 2 and 3 day backpacks.  The AT has become commercialized enough (and
anyone who doesn't believe that, take a stroll through the Whites in
August)...let's not make it worse!

Poohbear

---
Jennifer Delia Sawyer
Boston University School of Law
jdsawyer@bu.edu

________Unsolicited Wisdom of the Day________________

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not
to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
			 -- Abraham Lincoln