Re: [at-l] water bottles

In a message dated 97-11-24 07:34:51 EST, hopefl@juno.com writes:

<< Gypsy, the iodine tables dissolve slowly if the water is cold. Do the
 vitamin C tablets also dissolve slow? Can you crush up them easily?   >>

I cut a tab in half, and then broke off small pieces off the half (I used
approx 1/6 of a tab per liter).  I didn't try to crush it, just dropped it in
and shook the bottle a few times.  Just like the commercial neutralizer
tablets the vitamin C seemed to dissolve and it cleared up the water almost
instantly.  If it was really cold and part of the tablet didn't dissolve
immediately I didn't worry about it as long as the water cleared up and
tasted good.  If you can find the commercial product it's probably easier
because you don't have to cut or measure - just drop one in the bottle.  But
I ran out when I was at Erwin, TN and a local pharmacist told me about the
Vit. C.

Gypsy