Re: [at-l] Replacement Gear

> Pilgrim wrote:
> Will Strickland wrote:
>
> >I've replaced my gear (with even better gear : )
>
> I'd be very interested in hearing what gear (just the major stuff)
> you ended up with.  Having the very recent trail experience to learn
> from probably made for wise decisions in replacement gear.
> What to tell us what you got?
>
> Pilgrim
> Class of 99

Old Gear   	        	New Gear
--------		   	--------
Sierra Clip Flashlight tent	OR Advanced Bivy Sack
Mini-mag light			Petzl Micro Headlamp
REI Internal Frame backpack	Dana Designs Terraplane
OR Rocky Mt High Gaiters	OR Rocky Mt Low gaiters
MSR ALpine Stainless steel pot	Evernew titanium pot
Thorlo Light Trekker socks	Smartwool Trekking and Thorlo Trekkers
Two 1L Nalgene bottles		One 1L Nalgene (Lexan),One PLatypus 2L w/
                                drinking tube

MSR Whisperlite Internat.	MSR Whisperlite Internat. (I love it)
22oz MSR fuel bottle		11oz MSR fuel bottle

Everything else is about the same, except that I won't take alot of the
things I had and never used. Before, I'd rather have it and not need it,
now I'd rather take a chance and need it and not have it. In a serious
emergency (like really needing to open that can of beans) you can almost
always find another hiker to loan you something. DO NOT take that
statement as me suggesting that you rely on others or make a burden of
yourself, only that if you really need something you can usually get by
until you can get it yourself in town.

Unfortunately, well actually it's a good thing, I have a Wilderness 1st
Aid Class that runs all day Saturday and Sunday, otherwise I'd be out
there this weekend. As far as I'm concerned, climbing season is officially
over and backpacking season is here. So let the games begin! It's time to
start the official "Punish myself in the name of training" phase of
preparation.

And on that note, make sure to stretch out and warm up before starting
your hiking, especially now that it's cold out.

Take care all,

Will Strickland  '81 Westfalia  "The Mobile Basecamp"
Internet: gt0556d@prism.gatech.edu