[at-l] Domain names

At 10:54 AM -0400 8/25/97, Richard K Mann wrote:

>One last thing for you internet freaks.  I am new to all of this, and am
>trying to get a website up and running and had queried INTERNIC about the
>availability of the name HIKEUSA.  It showed up as available.  I prepared
>to use this name and secured a virtual domain with that name, then found
>out that the name HIKEUSA had been snatched up, apparently right after my
>query with INTERNIC.  It seems that INTERNIC is not a secure or
>benevolent overseer.  Can anyone shed any light on this.

here is the info on hikeusa.com  One can reserve the name prior to
it being on-line.  This may have been the cause of some confusion.

but www.hikeusa.com is a different name! Also there will be many
domain names issued soon as internic loses it monolopy. So just
be patient.  Try hikeusa.org if non-profit or the dozens to follow.

ShadowLink Technologies (HIKEUSA-DOM)
105 S. State, Suite 120
Orem, UT 84058
US

Domain Name: HIKEUSA.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
ShadowLink Hostmaster (SH43-ORG) hostmaster@SHADOWLINK.COM
Billing Contact:
ShadowLink Billing Department (SBD-ORG) billing@SHADOWLINK.COM
801.222.4636

Record last updated on 21-Jul-97.
Record created on 21-Jul-97.
Database last updated on 25-Aug-97 04:30:06 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SECURE.NET 192.41.1.10
NS2.SECURE.NET 192.41.2.10

OK, an internet freak... or geek.