[at-l] Re: Dr. Bronner's soap, and latrines

Jeff Mosenkis <jamosenk@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 MManzano@aol.com wrote:

>>    Friar Tuck told me, as he took all the various soaps out of my pack,
>>  to get  Dr. Bronners.  He said that among its hundreds of uses, it
>> could also be used  as a contraceptive.

> How much of it do you have to drink per day?
>
> Sorry, I had to get in there before Felix
> jeff
>
> (maybe it works by giving you a headache from trying to read the label?)

It's just like using aspirin as a contraceptive:  Hold it between your
knees.

-***-

Re: latrines

                  ODE TO THE LITTLE BROWN SHACK OUT BACK
                        By Billy Edd Wheeler (1964)

They passed an ordinance in the town. They said we'd have to tear it down;
That little brown shack out back so dear to me.
Thought the health department said its day was over and dead,
It will stand forever in my memory.

refrain:  Don't let 'em tear that little brown building down,
          Don't let 'em tear that precious building down,
          Don't let 'em tear that dear old building down,
          For there's not another like it in the country or the town.

It was not so long ago that I went tripping through the snow
Out to that house, behind my old hound dog.
Where I'd sit me down to rest like a snowbird on his nest
And read the Sears and Roebuck catalog.

I could hum a happy tune, peeping through the quarter moon
As my daddy's kin had done before.
It was in that quiet spot daily cares could be forgot.
It gave the same relief to rich and poor.

refrain

It was not a castle fair but I could dream the future there
And build my castles to the yellow-jackets' drone.
I could orbit 'round the sun, fight with General Washington,
Or be a king upon a golden throne.

It wasn't fancy-built at all, it had newspapers on the wall.
It was air-conditioned in the wintertime.
It was just a humble hut, but its door was never shut,
And a man could get inside without a dime.

refrain
 --

Frank     reid@indiana.edu