[at-l] Yellow Blazes

For those who have wondered about my use of the term
yellow blaze, the yellow blazes are somewhat longer than the approximately
six inches of the white ones.  Some of them can actually be measured in miles
on trails that go all over the country.  sometimes there are two of them
next to each other  and some times one of the two is dashed.

The trails with the yellow blaze are generally covered in less time than the
AT.  Using proper methods on the yellow blaze trail, one could get from GA
to ME in just a few days.

Although some may use the yellow blazes to "cheat"  others use them to take
side trips and return to the white blazes from whence they came at the point
of departure.

Next week we will discuss the ethics of blue blazes.  Homework will be to
contemplate wether it is cricket to blue blaze if it follows a previous route
of the AT.

Happy Trails (even if they are paved)
Rich