[at-l] Bear Attack at Delaware Water Gap

At 2:03 AM -0400 7/29/97, PhattTires@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 97-07-28 22:17:24 EDT, kahley7@ptd.net (kahlena) writes:
>
><< her yelling and posturing stopped the
> charges. >>
>

>What is the proper posturing to stop a bear attack?

I put together a little page of links that discusses the important
issue of what to do if you met a bear it at:
http://www.abol.com/users/hikenet/bear.html

If your interested in the NJ Delaware Water Gap please visit my
New Jersey Appalachian Web site with hiking maps of the area, etc
and related links;
http://members.aol.com/visitnj

Yep, While hiking the AT by the Gap I have many times seen mama black
bear and her two cubs...

In our municipal town of Stanhope,NJ, we just had a Black Bear come down the
tree by the animal warden and swim across the lake as the animal warden
watched it disappear into the hills! Good swimmer, we gave him an A+.

Tom 'hikenet' Caggiano
http://members.aol.com/hikenet