[at-l] Re: Presidential Ridge in NH

At 1:54 PM -0400 7/17/97, William A. Ellsworth wrote:
> Hey there,
>
>I am looking for any suggestions or advice that others may have concerning
>hiking the Presidential Ridge in NH.

Hi Bill, Tom here. Great place those Whites.

I would contact the clubs in the immediate area; namely, Appalachian Mtn Club
hikenet provides links to clubs in states and internationally.
http://members.aol.com/hikenet

They have a detailed Mount Washington Range Map and also the best book:
Called White Mtn guide Mine may be a little outdated its the 25th
edition!

 The whole area is terrific. Franconia Notch via Falling Waters trail to Mt
Liberty is also great views.  To many trails, dozens and dozens to mention.
A good point start is at Pinkham Notch up Tuckerman Ravine up to
Mt Washington and the Great Gulf trail over to Mt Jefferson, Mt Adams
and Mt Madison, or up from Crawford Notch via Mt Pierce, Mt Eisenhower,
Mt Monroe. All good.  You can always talk with AMC and stay in the
hut dungeons.

To get to the hikenet NH club page, it is directly at:
http://www.interactive.net/~hikenet/clubs/clubsNH.html

You can also get plenty of info on the Whites on hikers pages by
going to the hikenet AT trail story section or directly to:
http://members.aol.com/tomnkat/stories.at.html

Lots and lots of info at the push of your keyboard.

happy trails, tom 'hikenet' caggiano