[at-l] Going alone at 17

Hiya...

I think you should do the AT.  The Loyalsock is a quiet trail like
the Pinchot.  You'll have a better time on the AT.  Don't feel pressured
by the people who praise going solo.  You have your whole life to
do such things.  And even though you sound like you have your shit
together, it's impossible to gather the experience you need for
challeanging trails quickly.  Don't get mad at me for saying this,
but good judgement comes from making bad mistakes and it's best to
make your mistakes when you have someone around to cover your butt!

Have you been on the list long enough to have read the reports of
Tagalong?  She's still not able to get to work where her e-access is
so we don't really know how she broke her leg.  But it was a really
bad break...both bones..compound.  She was very lucky it happened on the
AT cause there was someone around to actually carry her, piggyback I
think, to a shelter where others brought her down from the trail.

Now we've 'talked' before and I get the feeling that you have it
together , but like I said, experience comes from making mistakes
and wisdom comes from learning from them.  None of this comes easy..
or quickly.  A mistake...a mis-step on the Loyalsock could leave you
along time from help.

Besides...the AT is much more fun....socially speaking!!!!    Kahley